CyberGhost is one of our best VPN providers, and you can read our CyberGhost VPN review to see why. However, if you’ve made use of the CyberGhost free trial, moved to a paid subscription for some time, but now decided you don’t like CyberGhost, the good news is that it’s easy to get your money back.
Remember, though, that the amount of time you have to request a refund will depend on the plan you chose; you get 14 days for the monthly plan and 45 days for longer ones.
You need to cancel your subscription first and then request a refund. How you request your refund will depend on which device you signed up with, though. We’ve put together this guide so you know how to get a CyberGhost refund.
How Do I Cancel My CyberGhost Subscription on Desktop?
In your CyberGhost dashboard, click “billing details.”
Now click “turn auto-renewal off.”
CyberGhost will ask why you want to turn your auto-renewal off. Choose a reason and then click “deactivate auto-renewal.”
You’ll now see a confirmation message. If you have a complete change of heart, you can simply reinstate the auto-renewal with a click of a button.
How to Cancel Your Desktop CyberGhost Subscription
- Go to your account dashboard
- Click “billing details”
- Click on “turn auto-renewal off” on the right side of the dashboard
- Select a reason and click “deactivate auto-renewal”
How Do I Cancel My CyberGhost Subscription on Mobile?
Canceling your CyberGhost subscription on mobile is similar to the desktop method, but the navigation is a little different. We’ll walk you through the steps for the Google Play store and iOS.
How to Cancel Your CyberGhost Subscription on Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play store and click on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner
- Click on “subscriptions”
- Click on CyberGhost VPN
- Click “cancel subscription” at the bottom
- Select a reason and click “continue”
- Click “cancel subscription”
How to Cancel Your CyberGhost Subscription on iOS
- Open the settings menu on your iOS device
- Tap your account name at the top
- Touch “iTunes & App Store”
- Tap on “Apple ID” at the top, then tap “view Apple ID”
- Enter your password to log in
- Go to “subscriptions” and click on CyberGhost
- Tap “cancel subscription” and confirm
How Do I Get a Refund From CyberGhost?
After you’ve canceled your subscription, you need to request a refund. Remember, you’re covered by a 45-day money-back guarantee (or a 14-day money-back guarantee if you’re on the monthly plan).
If you signed up for the VPN through the Apple App Store, you need to contact the Apple support team directly for a refund. Android and desktop users need to contact the CyberGhost customer support team, just make sure you have your order or reference number on hand.
The fastest way to contact CyberGhost support is via live chat. To do that, go to the CyberGhost VPN home page and click the blue “support” bubble.
Now type in a query, such as “CyberGhost refund,” and press “enter“ on your keyboard. Ignore the results that show up and click the “live chat” button at the bottom.
Now you need to give your name, email address, language and a description of what you want to ask. Then click “start chat.”
Once a representative joins the chat, tell them that you would like a refund. They’ll initially ask if there’s anything they can do to make you reconsider, but just reiterate that you want a refund. You’ll need to provide some details, such as the email address for the account.
The refund usually takes five to 10 business days to show in your account, excluding holidays and weekends.
How to Request a CyberGhost Refund by Email
If you don’t want to use the live chat support, or perhaps it’s not working, you can also request a refund by emailing the team at [email protected]. Simply compose a new email with something like “refund request” in the subject line and ask for a refund. Make sure you include your order or reference number in the email, too.
It can take up to 24 hours to receive a reply, and once the refund has been processed, you’ll need to wait the five to 10 working days to see it in your account.
How to Get a Refund From CyberGhost
- iOS users should contact the Apple support team directly. Android and desktop users should contact the CyberGhost VPN customer support team via live chat
- Click the blue “support” bubble on the CyberGhost homepage
- Type in “refund” and press enter
- Click “live chat” at the bottom
- Fill in the form and click “start chat”
- Tell the representative you want a refund and give details as needed
- Wait five to 10 working days for the refund to show in your account
If live chat is not working, email [email protected] with your request and reference number
Now you know how to get a CyberGhost refund. CyberGhost’s money-back guarantee makes it an easy task if you decide you don’t like the VPN service. You just need to make sure you request one within the given time, which is 14 days for the monthly plan and 45 days for longer ones.
Sign up for our newsletter
to get the latest on new releases and more.
That said, it’s a little more tricky for Apple customers because only Apple can refund services bought from the App Store. You need to contact the Apple support team directly if you signed up on iOS.
Have you used the CyberGhost money-back guarantee? Let us know about your experience in the comment section. As always, thank you for reading.