- How Long Is CyberGhost’s Free Trial?
- How Do I Get a Free CyberGhost VPN Trial for Desktop?
- How to Get a Free CyberGhost Trial on Desktop
If you’re a regular at Cloudwards.net, you’ll know that CyberGhost is one of our best VPN providers. Still, if you’re not quite ready to dive straight into its paid plan, CyberGhost’s free trial can ease your wariness, no credit card required.
CyberGhost doesn’t just offer a one-size-fits-all free trial, though. Its length will depend on your device, and there’s also the money-back guarantee to consider. That’s why we’ve put together a guide to show you how to use the CyberGhost free trial.
How Long Is CyberGhost’s Free Trial?
The duration of your CyberGhost trial will be determined by the device you sign up with. If you’re on a desktop, you get 24 hours, but iOS, Android and Android TV users get seven days. Although CyberGhost does support Linux, unfortunately there’s no free trial for Linux.
If you’re still not convinced after your free trial, you could sign up for the paid service and make use of the refund window. You get a 45-day money-back guarantee, with the exception of the monthly plan, which allows 14 days. You can also read our guide on how to get a CyberGhost refund, if you’ve gone that extra step but don’t like it.
How Do I Get a Free CyberGhost VPN Trial for Desktop?
Go to the CyberGhost website, scroll to the bottom and click “VPN free trial.”
Next, click on the device you’ll use for the trial (mobile versions are obtained through the respective app stores, which we’ll talk about later). For this how-to, we’re installing CyberGhost on Windows. Click “try it for free for 24h.” From here, you’ll run through the setup and installation.
Once it’s installed, create an account with your email and confirm it (you can use a throwaway one). Then click “activate trial” either in the email or on the interface.
CyberGhost is now ready to use, and the interface includes a handy timer so you know how much time you have left of your trial.
How to Get a Free CyberGhost Trial on Desktop
- Got to the bottom of the CyberGhost website and click “VPN free trial”
- Choose Windows or macOS and click “try it for free for 24h”
- Once it’s installed, create an account
- Confirm your email and click “activate trial”
How to Get a Free CyberGhost Trial for Mobile
Getting the free trial on mobile is a little different, so we’ll go over the steps. It’s a similar process for both Android and iOS, but for this how-to, we’ve installed it on an Android phone.
Find the CyberGhost app in the Google Play store. Click “install.”
Once it’s installed, open the CyberGhost app, create a new account and verify your email address.
Click “start trial,” provide a payment method and click “subscribe.” You won’t be charged upfront, but you’ll need to cancel the trial before it ends to avoid being put on the monthly plan.
Now it’s ready to use. The mobile app doesn’t have the timer, but you’ll find the renewal date in the settings menu.
As a quick test, we found that you can log in to CyberGhost on a desktop with your mobile trial account, but it’ll only let you use it on there for one day.
If you decide to pay for CyberGhost after your trial, it’s more cost-effective to upgrade to a longer plan. To do that, go to the settings menu and click “account management.”
Scroll down and click “get CyberGhost VPN.”
It’ll take you to a browser window to choose your plan and payment options. Any remaining trial days are added to your subscription.
How to Get a Free CyberGhost Trial on Mobile
- Download the CyberGhost app from the app store
- Create an account and verify your email
- Click “start trial,” provide a payment method and click “subscribe”
How Do I Cancel My CyberGhost Free Trial on Desktop?
You could just let your desktop trial run out, as there is no renewal or payment method involved. To cancel it manually, click the settings cog and then click “account.”
Then click “manage my account.” That’ll take you to a browser window.
Click the ghost icon to go to the “my account” page. Go to the bottom and click “delete my account.”
Click “delete my account” again. Note that you won’t be able to use the same username again.
Select a reason for deleting, enter your password and click “permanently delete my account.”
It’ll confirm your account has been deleted.
How to Cancel Your Desktop CyberGhost Trial
- In the settings menu, click “account”
- Click “manage my account”
- Go to the bottom of the “my account” page and click “delete my account”
- Select a reason, enter your password and click “permanently delete my account”
How Do I Cancel My CyberGhost Free Trial on Mobile?
If you signed up through either the Google Play store or the Apple app store, you’ll need to cancel the free trial before it renews into a monthly subscription.
Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play store and click on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner
- Select “subscriptions”
- Tap on CyberGhost VPN
- Click “cancel subscription” at the bottom
- Select a reason and click “continue”
- Click “cancel subscription”
Apple App Store
- Open the settings menu on your iOS device
- Tap your account name at the top
- Tap “iTunes & App Store”
- Touch “Apple ID” at the top and tap “view Apple ID”
- Enter your password to log in
- Go to “subscriptions” and click on CyberGhost
- Tap “cancel subscription” and confirm
How to Restart a CyberGhost Free Trial
Each email or account is allowed one free trial. Technically, you could use multiple email addresses or accounts to obtain new free trials. However, we don’t recommend abusing the system, especially as not many VPNs offer a free trial along with a long refund period. For instance, both ExpressVPN and NordVPN have money-back guarantees, but neither offer a free trial.
CyberGhost may not have a free VPN plan, but it’s one of the cheapest VPNs on the market and doesn’t skimp on its service, as you can read in our CyberGhost review.
The CyberGhost VPN free trial is both generous and rare. There aren’t many free trials available for VPNs, or at least ones that include all the features. You can try the service for one day on desktop without a credit card or seven days on mobile. Plus, CyberGhost makes it easy to get your money back.
Have you used CyberGhost’s free trial or money-back guarantee? Let us know about your experience in the comment section. As always, thank you for reading.
- Yes, CyberGhost does offer a free trial. There’s no free VPN plan, but desktop users can try the service for 24 hours, whereas mobile users have seven days. After that, you’ll need to pay for the service, but there’s either a 14- or 45-day money-back guarantee to fall back on.
- The good news is that you have access to the full package. There are no limits to bandwidth, the servers you can use or any other features.