ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN, offering fast speeds, strong security and access to Netflix, Hulu (our guide shows exactly how you can watch Hulu with ExpressVPN) and other streaming services (find out more reasons why we like it in our ExpressVPN review). However, this doesn’t mean it will always be the best option for you. In this article, we’re going to talk a little about how to cancel your ExpressVPN subscription.
Before you leave ExpressVPN, we recommend that you use its live chat option to speak with customer support about any issues you’re having. Problems are often solvable, and ExpressVPN has one of the best support teams available.
If you still plan on leaving the service after talking with customer support, canceling your subscription only takes a few simple steps. You can also get a full refund if you end your plan within the first 30 days, and you can find out how with our article on getting an ExpressVPN free trial.
There is no way to cancel your subscription with the ExpressVPN desktop UI, so you will have to go through the website. This means that you will need your email address and password to log in to your account.
On your account dashboard, you will see a button labeled “manage subscription settings.” This takes you to the automatic renewal settings page, which has the option “turn off automatic renewal.” You will need to choose this three times in a row until a message appears, stating that your ExpressVPN subscription will not renew.
To ensure your subscription has finished, you should see an end date on the ExpressVPN account dashboard. This will be next to the “renew now” button, which lets you restart your plan, should you choose to continue using this product.
Steps to Cancel ExpressVPN
- Enter your account through the website
- Go to “manage settings”
- Select “turn off automatic renewal” three times
- Ensure your cancelation is confirmed
Canceling With Other Payment Types
There are many different ways to pay for ExpressVPN, and some have a slightly different process to cancel your subscription. If you use BitPay or Paymentwall, there is no automatic renewal enabled, so you don’t need to go through this process.
If you paid using automatic renewal through PayPal, you will need to stop the payments through both ExpressVPN’s website and PayPal’s website. However, you don’t need to set up automatic payments to purchase a plan using PayPal, and if it isn’t enabled, you only need to go through ExpressVPN.
The cancelation process for an ExpressVPN subscription is one of the easiest, although the system is similar to other top providers, such as NordVPN (find out how to cancel NordVPN and get a refund). You can read a full comparison of the two services in our ExpressVPN vs NordVPN article.
Overall, if you need to end your subscription, ExpressVPN makes it quick and straightforward. With a great cancelation system alongside its high-end features and security, it’s no surprise that it takes our top spot for the best VPN available.
What do you think of ExpressVPN’s cancellation process? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. Thanks for reading.
- ExpressVPN allows you to cancel at any time. However, unless you’re getting a refund, your subscription will end on the date you should have next paid, not the day you chose to stop paying.
- Through your online ExpressVPN account, the settings pages allow you to stop your renewal. You can also contact customer support here, and its representatives will offer assistance if you are still confused.
- If you choose to end your subscription within the first 30 days, you can get your money back by contacting customer support. Asking the support team for a refund will start the process, and a few days later, you should receive your money back.