Kodi is a great way to stream and watch all your favorite movies, TV shows and music files. We have written a guide on how to use Kodi before, but now we’re going to talk about installing Fusion to manage your add-ons for this great service.
What makes Kodi unique is the fact that you can choose from hundreds of add-ons and have a one-of-a-kind viewing experience. These add-ons are usually in the sphere of entertainment, but there are also some more practical applications as well (though no integration with any of our best cloud storage providers).
Since Kodi is an open-source tool (yet entirely legal), more than 500 developers have worked on it so far to enhance its features. More importantly, they’ve come up with a ton of add-ons that give you access to the entire universe of streamed audio and video content, so you won’t have to mess around with Netflix VPNs.
Before we talk about add-ons and what they can do, you have to know about Fusion, the add-on manager for Kodi.
To access the wild world of Kodi add-ons, you need Fusion. The default Kodi comes only with a small list of “official” add-ons and these barely scratch the surface of what’s available. In fact, this official list misses out on some of the best Kodi add-ons, like Exodus, Genesis and Castaway.
To get these best add-ons and also to make the most of Kodi’s capabilities, you need an add-on manager like Fusion that’ll give you access to all the different options available for Kodi.
That said, let’s see how to install Fusion.
How to Install Fusion on Kodi
Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to install this add-on manager.
- Go to the home screen and select “system > “file manager”
- Inside the file manager, click on an option called “add source;” This should open up a small dialog box.
- In the text field that says “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations”, enter http://fusion.tvaddons.ag. Look for it in the upper part of the dialog box
- In the lower part of the dialog box, you’ll find a textbox with the label “enter a name for this media source.” Here, add “.fusion”. Make sure to include the dot before the word “fusion”
- Next, press OK to confirm your choice
- Now, go back to your home screen and navigate to “system”
- This will open the settings home page and you can see a few options on the left hand pane such as “appearance,” “video,” “TV” and so on
- Choose “add-ons” from these options
- This opens the add-ons screen and on this one, choose “install from zip file” option
- Again, this’ll open different options on your right-hand pane. From this choose, “.fusion”
- Navigate to the folders inside “.fusion” and double-click a folder called “start -here”
- Next, choose “plugin.program.addoninstaller.zip” from the “start-here” folder
- Wait for a few seconds for this zip file to download. You’ll get a notification when you’re done
- Go back to the home screen and this time around choose “programs”
- In the “programs” pane, choose “add-on installer”
- Double-click on this choice and the installer will run
- When you run it the first time, it’ll take a few minutes. You’ll even see a message that says “creating database.” Don’t interrupt the installer while it’s running
- Once it’s done, you’re all set to choose from the long list of add-ons
Though this process seemed long, don’t feel intimidated, as it takes only a few minutes to install Fusion. The steps are fairly self-explanatory and there’s no way you’ll end up making mistakes. Also, it’s fool-proof, so there’s no chance for errors or failures.
Features of Fusion
Fusion comes with many cool features to enhance your overall viewing and user-experience. Here’s a look at some features that make Fusion a popular add-on manager for Kodi.
- The biggest benefit of Fusion is the access it gives to a ton of add-ons
- Fusion allows third-party developers to extend their application’s ability on Fusion
- Using a Fusion installer helps to reduce the overall size of the application, as you won’t need to reach out to the repository for each add-on
- You can easily add new features or customize your Kodi experience when you use Fusion
- It comes with audio editing feature for processing and generating sound
- It gives access to different repositories to make it easy for you to install any new add-on in the future
- Since it supports different file formats and images, you’ll have more flexibility using Kodi
- You can even use it to encrypt and decrypt your emails
Thanks to all these benefits and cool features, Fusion is undoubtedly the most popular Kodi add-on manager.
Next, we’ll talk about some of the most popular add-ons you can access through Fusion.
Popular Add-ons You Can Use With Fusion
Here’s a look at some of the popular add-ons you get to enjoy when you install Fusion.
UK Turk’s Playlists
UK Turk’s Playlists is another neat add-on with categories for live TV, sports, kids shows, movies, documentaries and more. It has a unique layout that’s sure to bring a smile on your face.
Besides its looks, it scores high on usability too. Unlike other add-ons, you don’t have to search through a server list for a good feed. Rather, all that you have to do is just make a single click to play the content you want.
Exodus is one of the most used Kodi add-ons out there, as it gives you access to all TV shows and movies imaginable. For many people, it’s the one-stop shop to stream all their favorite content. It searches through a ton of libraries, and this means, you have a much better shot at finding whatever you want.
Phoenix is another emerging add-on that comes with a lot of content such as movies, TV shows, a kids’ section and sports. It’s a nice library to have and the creators ensure that new sources are updated to it all the time. There’s more than one contributor to Phoenix and this is what makes this add-on a fantastic source to find the stream you want.
Zen is an add-on that’s similar to Exodus, but comes with a lot more settings and sections. A cool feature is you can even save your favorite content to a section called “my list.” In terms of functionality, it’s similar to Exodus as it gives you access to a variety of streams and shows. It even gives you a server list to choose from.
SportsDevil, as the name suggests, is the go-to add-on for sports enthusiasts. It streams both live matches and recorded ones. Besides sports, it also streams many other live content from kids shows to news channels and everything in between.
However, these streams may sometimes not work, especially if too many people are trying to stream it at the same time.
SALTS, which stands for “Stream All The Sources,” is an interesting add-on to your arsenal.
You’ll love this add-on, if you’re an anti-piracy enthusiast, as it has an option to use paid services called Real Debrid Accounts. When you pay, the quality of video is also way better.
There is also a free version, though it’s a bit more hit and miss.
In short, Fusion is a convenient add-on manager that’ll make it easy to add a wide range of different add-ons to your Kodi device. These add-ons bring in all possible content available today, so you can sit back and enjoy your favorite shows and movies.
Please share your experience about Fusion and Kodi’s different add-ons in the comments below. Thank you for reading.